The ACCOUNT MANAGER (AM) is responsible for the relationship between the agency and client. The AM will generally look after client needs through direct contact, liaison, and the marshaling of agency resources. The AM is a strategist and will be the key, day-to-day agency representative to the client and will maintain a highly responsive service orientation in all transactions. They must be knowledgeable in both the client’s business and the agency business. The AM supervises performance with accounts and reviews all strategic and media decisions formulated by the various internal or external resources before they are delivered to the client. The AM reviews all creative concepts to confirm whether they meet strategic goals before they are delivered to the client for approval. The AM is responsible for keeping regular contact with all assigned accounts within the agency.
List of duties may include but is not limited to the following:
- Maintains direct, day-to-day, client contact.
- Creates client briefings and correspondence on a daily basis, both internal and external.
- Analyzes input from client, together with background knowledge, research, etc., to produce full communication strategies.
- Briefs creative and other staff on all project details.
- Provides FUEL team with well-documented input, support data and production materials required to complete projects efficiently.
- Provides clients with budget updates and change orders.
- Provides FUEL team with budget status and updates.
- Keeps apprised of all relevant client and market developments.
- Coordinates and obtains client approval for all estimated work.
- Reviews and approves copy, design, and final production art for accuracy and correctness.
- Coordinates client approval of all creative.
- Coordinates project timelines and budgets for client projects with all relevant agency team members.
- Delivers weekly status reports to clients and meets with client team as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date competitive information from client’s markets through trade research.
- Actively seeks out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a supportive role in their development.
- Carries out all duties in accordance with company policies and standards.
- To continually be an ambassador of the FUEL brand.